April 19, 2018
Earth Day is taking place this weekend and there are many individuals who want to participate but don’t know where to start. If you didn’t know, according to Wikipedia, "Earth Day is an annual event, celebrated on April 22, on which day events worldwide are held to demonstrate support for environmental protection. It was first celebrated in 1970, and is now coordinated globally by the Earth Day Network and celebrated in more than 193 countries each year.”
Although we love the idea of rallying up the troops for this specific day, we’ve compiled a list of a few ways in addition to recycling where you can make a difference in your everyday life with just a few adjustments. Check them out below:
1. On the days when you can, leave your car at home! With the weather getting nicer, all it takes is allowing yourself a bit more time to commute and you can walk, ride your bike, bus or even carpool to where you need to go! Who knows, you might enjoy the extra time to clear your head!
2. Invest in a re-usable cup. If you purchase coffee/tea during the work week, you can make a big change in a small way just by making this adjustment.
3. BYOB. We’re talking grocery bags! Make the effort to put some reusable shopping bags in your car to reduce the use of plastic bags.
4. Go paperless! This is an option that most of your service providers will offer. Switching to e – bills and emailed invoices can save millions of trees every single year.
5. Plant a tree! Trees are our lifeline to cleaner air and a healthier environment.
This Earth Day (Sunday, April 22), visit our Customer Service Desk to receive our Earth Day gift** to you and let us know you celebrate by tagging us @marlboroughmall
**while quantities last.
comments powered by Disqus