July 06, 2017
The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth officially kicks off tomorrow, Friday July 7th with the Calgary Stampede Parade and we couldn't be any more excited! There are numerous events going on all over the city, but we are proud to say that Saturday, July 8th the Stampede Caravan will be joining us from 9 - 11AM, rain or shine for a good ol Stampede Breakfast!
If this is your first Stampede, we've put together a Stampede 101 list of must haves to help you prepare for the 10 days!
Stampede 101: Must Haves
1. Nothing says Stampede like a distressed jean shirt! Although the Canadian tuxedo is known as Canada's unofficial uniform, during Stampede, if you aren't wearing denim, you aren't Stampeding! Find this and more at Mandeez Xclusif!
2. During Stampede, Calgarians live and breathe the Stampede culture. Cowboy boots have been gracing the feet of Canadians for decades and are definitely a local favorite. Pick up a pair of awesome Cowboy boots from Marlborough Shoe Repair! They are perfect for work parties and to stomp around the Stampede grounds.
3. If you really want to get in the Stampede Spirit and step your game up, add a matching set to your Canadian Tuxedo. Marlborough Shoe Repair offers a great selections of cowboy hats, boots and other accessories that will really pop against your denim!! And with the 30 + weather we are anticipating, a hat will do you some good! Visit them and they will get you covered from head to toe!
4. You may not have heard already but Stampede is on rain or shine. Although we're looking at sunny days and clear blue skies, Calgary's weather patterns are often drastic which means you probably want to ensure you have something to layer on just in case. Check out some of the lightweight hoodies from Fairweather! They can be wrapped around your waist or tucked into a purse/bag.
5. Based on our forecast, we are expecting some very hot days and nights for the duration of Stampede this year. If you are prone to burning, we suggest Clinique's mineral sunscreen from Shoppers Drug Mart. It's a great size and ensures you are protected against the sun!
Be sure to join us on Saturday for our Stampede Breakfast and use the morning to shop for all your Stampede necessities! We can't wait to see you!
comments powered by Disqus